On a good day for Irish producers, Helen Finnegan of Knockdrinna Farmhouse Cheese of Stoneyford, Co. Kilkenny scooped Supreme Champion at the recent 2011 British Cheese Awards with her Kilree semi-soft goat’s cheese, pausing only to lift a gold medal for Knockdrinna Meadow, and silver for Lavistown.
The other notable Irish success on the day was Kileen Farmhouse Cheese with “Best Goat’s Cheese” award.
The full list of awards are as follows:
- Millens (Dote),
- Knockdrinna (Meadow)
- Knockalara (Soft Sheep’s Cheese),
- Knocdrinna (Lavistown)
- Ardrahan (smoked),
- Carrigbyrne (St Killian),
- Ailwee Cave (Burren Gold Mature),
- Kileen (Extra Mature Goat),
- Wicklow Farmhouse Cheese (Wicklow Blue Brie),
- Coolea (cumin),
- Ardsallagh Goats Cheese (smoked)
- Fivemiletown Creamery (plus 3 bronzes),
Congratulations to all concerned